"impolutum" by petri

Philippe db

Reaction score
Very nice pics DQ!

I have to admit that I miss it a little since the Csi is gone but can't convince myself to add it to the CS. That simply needs to keep its original Petri.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Awesome shots DQ! I have read countless threads on the Petri wheels both here and on bmw2002faq and I still have questions around the whole leather vs foam thing, and where the foam wheels came from.

Not sure I "get" the whole Petri thing (as a novice ) but appreciate the beautiful photos. Have the Nardi that I'm itching to fit/use ...

It is something to lust after when everything else is done. Or in my case, something to lust after even though you need new floor pans. I like steering wheels the way a 5yo likes matchbox cars and I'll say that even after picking up a nice Nardi and 38cm Alpina CSL wheel, the Petri still looks the best inside the E9. Initially it looks like just any other 70's american muscle wheel, but it grows on you over time until you are obsessed with owning one. :D Plus they are rare, and came on factory cars.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Foam on 35, 38, 40cm. Leather on CSL 38cm + longer hub.

Awesome shots DQ! I have read countless threads on the Petri wheels both here and on bmw2002faq and I still have questions around the whole leather vs foam thing, and where the foam wheels came from.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
i can not assure it, but this 40cm seems to be leather IMHO, at least there is real sewing yarn on it

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think petri molded the stitching and seams into the foam. It's artificial stitching, similar to the stitching on the vinyl console sides.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think petri molded the stitching and seams into the foam. It's artificial stitching, similar to the stitching on the vinyl console sides.

yes, you are right, i needed to use a magnifying glass to check it out, as there is no imperfection i was unable to tell with bare eyes
regards

Last edited: