No more internal combustion cars from Germany

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
This explains a whole multitude of things; the sharp decrease in the planned useful life of modern cars, the push for passive safety features as easing the pathway for driverless vehicles, increased traffic controls as a mechanism to enable acceptance of not driving at all; the sharp decrease in the quality of available replacement parts for older vehicles (I just lodged yet another complaint with BMW on a plastic clutch slave cylinder they sold me), skinnier traffic lanes, reduced parking availability in cities; etc., etc. I now see the bigger picture.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My take is that we will see a serious decline in parts for all the Classic Group.
Not trying to be a pessimist but i just keep seeing more and more indications and also the lawyers are applying big pressure because of liability about parts designed 40 years ago. That is the main reason Euro parts are so hard to get now.
That's also why we can't get taillights.
The Classic groups at Amelia tells us they won't pass the Euro certification process. Duh, trying to make a 45 year old design pass a 2016 certification and why would this have to pass. These are reproduction parts for classic cars.
Really I just think they use that as a excuse.
Boy they were able to find or make parts for the 507 "Elvis" when money was no object.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'd like to buy a two stroke dirt bike now just to even things out while I can. Glad I was born in the 50's

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
So, let me see if I have this right. The Germans who invented the automobile, design and build the ultimate driving machine, built and allow ordinary drivers to use autobahns, have the Nurburgring as one of their public roads and are kicking a$$ in Formula 1 are throwing all this away? Really?