WA: 1979 528i - $700 obo

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I suspect that this will be sold by in a day. If I didn't have a parts car already this would be mine. Even at full asking price it is a deal of the century. The original Ronal turbo wheels with new rubber are worth the asking price.

Five speed, nice shift knob, Complete tool kit, Wheels, Ash Trays, inside door aluminum trim, the list goes on and on.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5805734957.html

00101_ivUCUbstr9H_600x450.jpg

00Y0Y_ff3sQtmp7lQ_600x450.jpg

00404_gpteHT35jxT_600x450.jpg

01111_cqZQxUyHeME_600x450.jpg

Not in the greatest of shapes, was my first car and it ran well. It's always had a minor brake leak that I used to keep topped off but it's been a while and air's gotten into the system so the brakes either need to be bled and kept topped off, or the leak found and repaired for this to be a good runner.

The interior leaves a lot to be desired.

Tires are new, Barum Bravuris with maybe 100 miles on them and the car came with the rare 5-lug pattern Ronal Turbo rims that the original owner bought.

Has new ignition wires, ICM, new OEM Bosch Alternator. I put in the back seat from an E28 to replace severely cracked leather seats. Still has the original tool kit as well.

Car has an extensive and documented history of receipts. Was originally an Automatic that was converted into a 5-speed by the original owner.

Only has 117,544 miles and the engine and transmission were in good shape. It would make a great parts car, or good project to cruise around in.

You will have to tow it as the brakes don't work at all aside from the hand brake. $700 OBO

Call/Text/Email Josh. If I don't pick up leave a voicemail. 2o6-719-5482

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sold, sold, sold!!!! The wheels alone worth the asking price. And are those the red handled screwdrivers????

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I text the guy asking if i could buy the toolkit for $100. No response sadly. I really wanted this one...

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Don't feel too bad about the toolkit, Markos. It is a nice one for an E12 but they are very different for E9s. The wrenches have "BMW" written on them, the short screwdriver has a beige insert, the big screwdriver is different (small white painted "Heyco" as opposed to large raised lettering) the small double socket is chrome, not matt finished like the bigger one, etc. Porsche toolkits from the period can go for thousands, but these BMW kits are a bigger pain to get right!!!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Don't feel too bad about the toolkit, Markos. It is a nice one for an E12 but they are very different for E9s. The wrenches have "BMW" written on them, the short screwdriver has a beige insert, the big screwdriver is different (small white painted "Heyco" as opposed to large raised lettering) the small double socket is chrome, not matt finished like the bigger one, etc. Porsche toolkits from the period can go for thousands, but these BMW kits are a bigger pain to get right!!!
And they look cheap.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Variable pricing now. Listing price dropped to 1400 with the text indicating 1500 hehehe. Not bad for the gearbox and driveline but not sure who would necessarily want an old M30B28 when you may as well get the B32/34 or ideally 35.