CS Register Badges Anyone

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I certainly feel 'International' approach is correct. Lots of folks here from OZ, NZ, Canada, and Europe.

+1 for sure.

At the time, without the benefits of instant internet communication, the borders were much further apart and it may have made some sense. But today, we are all in this adventure together regardless of what each individual postal code is.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve, I work in the graphic arts business. If you are going to do another run, I'd be happy to do a little clean up on that artwork. We've seen a few different versions of it in this thread already and all of them could stand a little attention. And if we agree to make it international, you are going to need some tidying. If I remember correctly, the international BMW club organization had issued some guidelines on these logos as well. I'll see if I can dig those up from when I was involved with it.

I will PM you.

I happened to mention in another post that I had done two runs of CS Register badges. The original was by Art Wegweiser. After searching for a couple of years, Art lent me one to copy. The woman who runs the 356 Registry made it all possible. She has been ordering badges for her registry for years and knows everything about ordering, production and most important Importing. Each run totaled at least 75, the minimum order.

The first run included a lapel pin, the second a lapel pin and small key fob, all with the CS logo.

So I am offering to make a third run. I have two interested members. I will work exclusively through my own email: [email protected] Let me know if you are interested.

Steve

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We are not subject to the BMW International Club rules, we aren't a club or chapter.

Yes, I did not mean to imply that this was the case. But I believe the original design of this badge was done in accordance to their suggestions, ie the main shape and the general layout. Not that it makes any difference, mind you...

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Back in the early 1990s there were approved shapes for club logos, the Register Badge is one of the approved shapes from that era. The International Council of BMW Clubs changed the logo standards in August of 2009 to separate the BMW brand from the club logos.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Back in the early 1990s there were approved shapes for club logos, the Register Badge is one of the approved shapes from that era.

Yes, exactly. We had to follow that for the LA A.C.A. at the time.

The International Council of BMW Clubs changed the logo standards in August of 2009 to separate the BMW brand from the club logos.

So that was fairly recently... Interesting.