CSL at Hyman's

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It looks very nice. But, it can't be worth the asking price, as the cigarette lighter knob doesn't look OE for a '74, AND - it does not have a blue cloth in the tool box (see blue cloth in 'Parts' forum for context!!!)

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This is the second 2275xxx BAT this year going for 300K+! mentioned in this fantastic forum. For those who actually buy CSLs at such prices, will they actually be driven or will they end up in collections, as presentables at car shows or simply as future investments? Great developments for CSL owners in general, BAT or not! This CSL shows as very presentable in all aspects. It has obviously just been 'restored' but the only aspect I miss on this lovely CSL, is the crisp midline fold on both sides. That midline fold has always been an important indication of a good body but this could/ surely is due to a deceptive angle or light issue or the picture it self. Bottom line, it's a real beauty.
Keshav

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is the second 2275xxx BAT this year going for 300K+! mentioned in this fantastic forum. For those who actually buy CSLs at such prices, will they actually be driven or will they end up in collections, as presentables at car shows or simply as future investments? Great developments for CSL owners in general, BAT or not! This CSL shows as very presentable in all aspects. It has obviously just been 'restored' but the only aspect I miss on this lovely CSL, is the crisp midline fold on both sides. That midline fold has always been an important indication of a good body but this could/ surely is due to a deceptive angle or light issue or the picture it self. Bottom line, it's a real beauty.
Keshav

Hard to say. But I just did the California Mille and there were plenty of very expensive cars being driven with gusto. A guy looped his 300SL going down a hill and almost collected a Siata 208 in the process. I was in a 40k Lincoln, so I had no qualms about throwing her around.

So, hopefully this car will be exercised as well as displayed.

Scott

RonP

Reaction score
Yes, it's my old Bat #2275525. Hyman reached out to me looking for a Bat and I pointed this one. They won the car at auction, but I am a bit surprised they are selling it so fast.

Originally imported by Jimmy Baker, my partner Bill and I bought this and the Martini Racing Group 2 CSL as a package. The Martini car sat for quite some time, but with any luck, we will finish it in time for Monterey this year.

Here are some photos of the street Bat.

http://www.stanceworks.com/2013/06/1-of-110-ron-perrys-1974-series-1-bmw-e9-csl-batmobile/

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Out of 10 how original is this car from when it came off the production line ????

What is not original on this car ??? .... Apart from the asking price before someone makes a smart comment

soxrus

Reaction score
I know the car well ... at least mechanically.

Ron did a great job of detailing the CSL. Not my thing anymore ... but to each his own.

Bats IMHO should always have the tri-color motor sport stripes ... but again, to each is own !!

Series one Bats had the larger 3.2 ltr. engines and this car did run noticeably better than any 3.0 CSL's.

Wasn't a bad rusty car ... seen better ... seen worse (much worse)

I put well over 3k miles on the car during the time I owned it ... went thru the brakes, charging system (grounds mostly) ... ironed out all the bugs and then sold it ... along with 2275 123 and 2275 220 and the absolute best '75 2002 Turbo on the planet, oh and did I mention 2275 997 (BMW Motorsport Race CSL) and the Group 2 "Martini" race CSL ...

Thanks to our bought and paid for "free trade, one world government" the textile business in the US isn't what it used to be.

This site needs a "Political forum" ... :)

Be Safe All, Jimmy B.

RogerB

Reaction score
I know the car well ... at least mechanically.

Ron did a great job of detailing the CSL. Not my thing anymore ... but to each his own.

Bats IMHO should always have the tri-color motor sport stripes ... but again, to each is own !!

Series one Bats had the larger 3.2 ltr. engines and this car did run noticeably better than any 3.0 CSL's.

Wasn't a bad rusty car ... seen better ... seen worse (much worse)

I put well over 3k miles on the car during the time I owned it ... went thru the brakes, charging system (grounds mostly) ... ironed out all the bugs and then sold it ... along with 2275 123 and 2275 220 and the absolute best '75 2002 Turbo on the planet, oh and did I mention 2275 997 (BMW Motorsport Race CSL) and the Group 2 "Martini" race CSL ...

Thanks to our bought and paid for "free trade, one world government" the textile business in the US isn't what it used to be.

This site needs a "Political forum" ... :)

Be Safe All, Jimmy B.

Along with the beautiful Golf 2275030 you sold me. }:>) RB

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
(just a small laugh)

from the add:

"The original tool kit is intact and in excellent order."

but looking to the website, i noticed it is missing one famous red screw driver and one 6mm Allen key.
Prices have just gone up on those items i believe.....

But I really shouldn't be saying this, as my E9 doesn't even have sills or floor panels...

soxrus

Reaction score
Along with the beautiful Golf 2275030 you sold me. }:>) RB

Roger ... you do know that your "Bill of Sale" clearly states 2275 030 is being sold to "Roger" thru a "Living Trust" ... you can't sell it unless you sell it back to me (at yearly inflation increases) and it reverts back to me at your death !?!?

My story and I'm sticking to it ...

Be Safe, Jimmy

RogerB

Reaction score
Roger ... you do know that your "Bill of Sale" clearly states 2275 030 is being sold to "Roger" thru a "Living Trust" ... you can't sell it unless you sell it back to me (at yearly inflation increases) and it reverts back to me at your death !?!?

My story and I'm sticking to it ...

Be Safe, Jimmy

LOL! I love you man! You are the best!

Be safe and God bless,

Roger