WTB: Period correct radio (broken is better)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I would like to buy, borrow, or rent a period correct Blaupunkt or Becker radio. I am
3D printing AC consoles and I need to ensure that my measurements are correct. I followed the factory measurements, but a test fit would be ideal. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

27845554192_33621f078f_b.jpg

3nsahalee

Site Donor
Reaction score
Markos-
I've got a 70s Blaupunkt sitting on shelf, you're welcome to borrow it for a while.
I work in Bellevue.

Steve

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Markos-
I've got a 70s Blaupunkt sitting on shelf, you're welcome to borrow it for a while.
I work in Bellevue.

Steve

Hi Steve,

That is fantastic. I couldn't think of a better option. I'll PM you later today!

Thats a nice 3D console......how much does it cost?

Hi Barry,

I'm still working on that. My goal is to break even on this effort. It depends on how many more revisions are required and how many more mockup a I need to print. My goal is to break even. There is a thread in the restoration section if you want to dig into the subject.

To give you perspective, a BBS Mahle center cap would cost $20 to print. That is $80 for four. You can get four chrome used BBS Mahle caps for $100 to $150. 3D printing is still kind of pricey, and I will have a markup on the parts to cover the growing investment.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Someone please chime in but I was told Becker was not installed as a dealer option. Becker's were mainly installed in Mercedes, VW, and Porsche. Just curious if that info is correct? I thought it was only Blaupunkt. But being that it was dealer install, it would make sense some would be Becker's. Anyone?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It is listed in the Orange Parts books and a US dealer could have installed it. In 12/74 Vasek Polak could have sold me a Grundig stereo but I couldn't afford it.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My Becker radio and glove box cassette player were installed by the dealer. Therre is also a Becker dealer install guide as early as 1970 that shows how to do it on e3 and e9 as well as a delaer demo program where Becker would supply a working radio setup to show potential customers.

Someone please chime in but I was told Becker was not installed as a dealer option. Becker's were mainly installed in Mercedes, VW, and Porsche. Just curious if that info is correct? I thought it was only Blaupunkt. But being that it was dealer install, it would make sense some would be Becker's. Anyone?