Wanted - RHD E9 Coupe

Littleshort

Reaction score
Chasing an elusive right hand drive cs or csi in Australia. I don't mind if it's a driver or not as long as it's a factory A/C car (I live in WA where eggs can be cooked on the road most of the year). I also don't want a rust bucket that needs $50,000 in body work.
Willing to pay decent money but not CSL prices.

Thanks,

Ash

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Ash, I assume you're in the Perth region ? . E9's don't come up very often as you probably know so I suspect East Coast may be best bet . Maybe send me a PM and will try and assist. Cheers, Simon

Cash

Reaction score
They are very rare in AU as you have noticed. I have had searches going for a few years (not really looking to buy....yet) and a car will come up only ever 2 or 3 months. Try putting a wanted add in the BMW club magazines

Littleshort

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and helping out with the hunt. I'll make some calls and chase up that ebay listing tomorrow. Surely it will require some rust repairs if the reserve is anywhere near $25,000.

Littleshort

Reaction score
Yes indeed! I had the ebay car inspected today. "Rust in virtually all panels" accompanied with "bog and poor repair work".

Cash

Reaction score
What a shame. I've seen some stunning e9's and when they take them to the panel beater they walk out $60k poorer. Rust everywhere and a new paint job required.