New member from Italy and 3.0CSL

Andrea S

Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Andrea, from Milan Italy.
A Porsche enthusiast/owner, I've been searching for the right E9 or E3 BMW since a long time and have been a lurker on this forum ever since; only recently a lead from my friend Lorenzo has brought me to a nice carburated 3.0 CSL, in golf yellow.
It has been all of its life in the hands of 2 owners in the same city near Florence, and has 76.000kms.
Today is sunny and I took it out for a short drive.

IMG_8352_1.jpg

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Andrea, from Milan Italy.
A Porsche enthusiast/owner, I've been searching for the right E9 or E3 BMW since a long time and have been a lurker on this forum ever since; only recently a lead from my friend Lorenzo has brought me to a nice carburated 3.0 CSL, in golf yellow.
It has been all of its life in the hands of 2 owners in the same city near Florence, and has 76.000kms.
Today is sunny and I took it out for a short drive.

View attachment 18174

What you are saying is: You have been searching for a plot of land on which to plant a vegetable garden and Lorenzo led you to a diamond mine that happens to be sitting on vast oil reserves. What a fantastic looking car.

Philippe db

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind stumbling over such a car myself.

Big congrats, looking forward to seeing some more pictures of this beauty.

m73

Reaction score
There is a low mileage golf CSL in the registry. If you just bought that car then I really like your car....

If it's not the same car, congrats on your new purchase....this is the best time of year to drive & explore.

Mo

Lorenzo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome Andrea, really glad You join the E9 group. I know the car well but please post more pictures of that fantastic carbs CSL.

Andrea S

Reaction score
@strato102: Lorenzo has indeed been very generous in passing me the contact to the owner. Even at market price, to find such a beautiful and preserved car has to be considered very lucky

@m73: I don't think it's the same car...BTW where's the registry? I may add it

A couple more photos, sorry for the quality

IMG_8360_1.jpg

IMG_8364_1.jpg

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Andrea, click on "CS Registy" at the top of the page which will take you to the Register ...click on "Register" in top left hand corner and complete the details .

PS. Lovely car you have .

Andrea S

Reaction score
Andrea, click on "CS Registy" at the top of the page which will take you to the Register ...click on "Register" in top left hand corner and complete the details .

PS. Lovely car you have .

Thank you, didn't see it :smile:

m73

Reaction score
This?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 210

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I wasn't a big fan of Golf until a friend found a completely original 2002tii. Except for the purring Ansa exhaust. The color has grown on me, slowly turning Golf yellow when I spend too much time in the sun. Seriously, a gorgeous car. Looks real original. Steve

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome Andrea! Great looking coupe.
Would you happen to drive a viper green 911? (I'm over on earlyS also)

Andrea S

Reaction score
Welcome Andrea! Great looking coupe.
Would you happen to drive a viper green 911? (I'm over on earlyS also)
Thanks to all!
Yes, my handle on Porsche forums is "vipergreen", my favourite color on a early 911, and the color of my first 911. As I can see many early Porsche aficionados are also real BMW fans, and I make no exception!