UK RHD CSL for auction

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Rohan,
CSL with vinyl top and 'sunroof'. That alone will make the job a real 'challenge'!

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Will be interesting how much this sells for compared to the (rust bucket) one sold at bonhams last year

Thxs for the link Rohan

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like a really cool car. Did city pack CSL's come with a toolkit?

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes Markos - many cars had Vinyl rooves put on at the dealer as well and especially when a sunroof was cut into the roof as here. It does have a kind of honest look about it but the steel bonnet and lack of bumper holes make me thing front crash at sometime not that it matters if well repaired.

Simufly

Reaction score
I think the vinyl roofs were fitted by the concessionaires to the unsold ones they couldnt shift, to try and make them a bit more saleable. That is certainly the case on my car which although made in Dec 73 was not registered until Aug 1975!

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes Markos - many cars had Vinyl rooves put on at the dealer as well and especially when a sunroof was cut into the roof as here. It does have a kind of honest look about it but the steel bonnet and lack of bumper holes make me thing front crash at sometime not that it matters if well repaired.

YES. No doubt the car was crashed in the front and therefore lost the alloy bonnet. Good luck finding another. I was in the same boat, but found a bonnet for it eventually, which itself required an expensive reworking to get the filler and all the dents out of it. Figure 5-10k pounds for a new bonnet, if you can find one.

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh yeah, missed that in the description.
Looks like a nice project. Great looking car and if the vinyl roof was a dealer organised period add on, I think it looks great on a white CSL and makes it more unique. Although sorting out the horrible sunroof - rewelding up the roof and redoing the vinyl on top might be a hassle. Definitely would lose the tow bar also :)

James

Reaction score
For me, there is something ridiculous and exceptionally awesome about this car with a tow hitch. Perhaps I'm imagining towing my dad's little Boston Whaler Montauk up his hill and backing it down the steep driveway. It would fit in well next to our two rusty Chamonix (non CSL) coupes. If only I had unlimited funds!

Daniel Sweden

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Notify me happy in these matters.

But had not City pack csl's
black fiberglass rear bumper
and only front spoiler
not front bumper
and these holes for the bumper?

Or were there different models?
Looks like a very good renovation object:):):)

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Friend of mine will be bidding on this car, I have told him not to go over his budget, if he does the cars market value will be less than his total purchase price and total restoration costs, to concours condition ..

Watch this space , I will let you know if he is the successful bidder

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
James, let the fun begin and the bids start coming in,
The auction only needs two idiots that don't know this model, to bid on this car and the price will sky rocket lol

There will be car dealers bidding on this car, hoping to buy it at the right price and do a quick flip by re-selling it on eBay, classic car websites, and try and make a quick profit without spending a penny on it ...let the fun start soon...

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Let the highest bidder win this car.....a lot of interest in this make, model of car...

Daniel Sweden

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello
I'm a little curious.
Is there anyone know to which country the car went to.
Would have been great if it stayed in Europe

Some friends of mine in Sweden was very interested in buying this car
but could not check up the car on the spot
but what is the problem, I thought
They skipped the auction, which I thought was sad
for what looked to be a very good car for renovation

Hope the new owner puts up a renovation thread here

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think it probably stayed in UK, but if it gets exported, being RHD doubt it would go to US or Europe, Maybe Aus, Japan or one of the few RHD countries.
I did hear it sold for GBP52K. Seems a very reasonable price for a project car and decent condition.